Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Little Slash

JR's school choir had their pop show on Friday night.
It was an 80's themed show, so I was trilled at the costume and song choices.

JR wanted to audition for a solo, so I had him listen to quite a few songs: Kenny Logins, REM, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Run DMC.  

But he decided that "Sweet Child O' Mine" was the song for him.  Turns out one of his friends, Aiden, thought the same thing, so they got together for a duet.

JR's costume came entirely from my closet and prop closet, he's actually wearing 2 wigs to get the right look for Slash's hair.  I also supplied "Axl's" wig.

I think they nailed it. (Who am I kidding? I'm totally taking credit for the costuming...I nailed it!)


Aiden has a "choir" voice where as JR has a "musical theater" voice, but I thought they sounded great together.  


For those of us who grew up in the 80's, this was a great show.
(The videos are just snippets, I know nobody wants to hear the whole song!)

"Time of my Life"



"Sweet Dreams"


"Our Lips are Sealed"


"Walk Like an Egyptian"



I also figured out that middle school girls don't know how we really dressed in the 80's. 
The boys did a little better of  a job at being authentic.  I mean, who can deny a Miami Vice suit or a Tom Cruise Top Gun Flight Suit?!


JR had a big fan club turn out for the night.


Although Kyle and Reed said they were there to watch Mary, not JR!

No comments: