Wednesday, February 20, 2019

So Cold!

Reed had a playoff basketball game and his first baseball game of the season at the same time last night.

We were counting on the baseball game being cancelled since it was drizzling on and off all day and freezing (freezing for Texas, not actually freezing). 

JR and I were up in the press box and I snapped this picture of us as he scarfed down a burger before he started announcing...and yelling at me that I wasn't doing the scoreboard right. 

When you wear your Colorado clothes to a baseball game in Texas there's a problem.

Reed played the first quarter of his basketball game and then rushed over so he could be the lead-off batter for baseball.  He pitched the 4th inning-3 up 3 down in 8 pitches.

This is the only picture I got of him (he's up to bat).

They won both their basketball game and baseball game! 
That means he's in the basketball finals on Saturday (2nd year in a row) and, the best part, we shouldn't have anymore overlapping games! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really want to feel sorry for you Texans when you're "freezing", but I just can't!!!! I'll gladly send you some of our 6 foot snow drifts and 30 below zero temps in exchange for some of your 30-40 degree weather!!!

Guess we're just tough Minnesotans that don't know better than to live here. This is what we pray:" God, give me the serenity to accept another snow storm, the courage to drive in the snow, and the wisdom to know when to stay home

Obviously, I'm home a lot!!!

JoAnn