Thursday, November 21, 2024

Sweater Weather

 It finally cooled off a bit here in Houston, enough so that Chloe had to break out her sweater and Megan had to break out her heat lamp. 



And while we're on the subject of all the animals...I came home the other night and Jason said to Chloe, "tell your mother what you did."  Chloe (Reed) then told me she'd killed a baby possum.  I was super upset by this news since 1. we don't kill possums; we love possums and 2. it was a baby. 

Apparently, Jason and Reed had heard Chloe doing her possum bark and by the time they got in the back yard she had already killed it.  Jason said its tongue was hanging out and he poked it with a stick and it didn't move.  I guess in the excitement of trying to get Chloe back in the house he left it and figured he'd go pick it up later.

After they told me the story, Jason went back outside to get the possum...and it was gone.  It had played possum!  It totally fooled Jason who thought it was really dead. 

Also, not possum related but animal related, the raccoons have gotten way too brave at the club and now come up on the deck at night with everyone sitting there! 
Here's a picture I took of one this past Saturday!


No comments: