Wednesday, August 20, 2025

Last First XC Meet

 Reed had his last first cross country meet on Friday.  

I love this picture of him at the start, he stands out in his red uniform and looks so tall

 It was a big loop course so we could only see him once if we wanted to make it back to the finish line.  The sun was terrible but he's in the group behind the first 3 runners.  And yes, we barely made it in time to see him at this spot. 


From here we went over to the finish line knowing we wouldn't be fast enough to make it back if we went to another spot.  

We knew from the time they would be getting close and Jason said "there's 2 out front".  I assumed 1 of the top 3 runners I'd seen before had fallen back, and Reed would be battling it out for one of the top 5 spots, but then Jason and I both noticed the red uniform and Reed's running gate.  

Here they come toward the finish. 

And I used Reed's version from Instagram since it covers up my screaming.  
You'll see him look back at the beginning of the video.  There wasn't anybody that was going to catch him, so he knew then he was only racing the clock. 


It was so fun to watch him get 2nd (out of 97) with a time of 13:12 (4K)
I asked him if he ever thought he'd be finishing like this when he was a little freshman runner, because I sure didn't! 



No comments: