Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First Day Again

Kyle and Reed had their first day of preschool today.
They were both excited to go, and Reed told me he'd be fine as long as they had circle time like his old school.

Their preschool is in the same school JR will go to next year, (JR's "homeschooling" the rest of the year, and will start 3rd grade again in August so he'll be one of the older kids in the class instead of one of the youngest.) and is walking distance from our house.

JR and I walked them over (I had to go buy bike locks because bikes have been demanded to be ridden from now on) and here they are mid walk.

I forget that although JR has lived in both Beijing and Houston, what he remembers most is Durango.
As we neared the school he said, "Mom, look! There's three school buses right there!" 
(In Durango there was one bus that picked up elementary, middle, and high schoolers all together.)

Poor thing, there's probably 30 buses, but I didn't want to blow his mind with that information just yet.
But not to worry, we'll have him accustomed to suburban living in no time.
(Although I was even a little taken aback when I saw their classroom is bigger than their entire Durango preschool.)

Kyle and Reed both had a great day. 
Reed reported it "was awesome", and Kyle said they have "lots of new friends".

Their teacher said they had no problems, and even played separately as the day went on.
Yay, for another first day!

2 comments:

Angie Vik said...

What a cute picture. I moved around lots as a kid and always hated the being a new kid and staring a new school thing. At least your twins have each other. Hope it goes well with your homeschool endeavor.

Anonymous said...

They are really looking "grown-up". I'm thankful they like their new school. MR