Thursday, March 29, 2012

TV Worthy News Just Next Door!

We were having a typical East Texas rain shower (complete with lightning and thunder) when I looked out the kitchen window and screamed, "Navidad just blew up!"

(The Navidad Resources field office is in the next pasture over from my parents.  Guess you could say they're the "next door neighbors".)

I thought my mom and I were being super calm as we both called 911.
But I guess I wasn't as calm as I thought since my next call was to Jason and he didn't understand a word I said.

It scared the kids pretty good (JR started crying and begging to "just leave"), but I think they actually handled it great since this is what they were looking at.
 (You can see the field office right in front of the fire!)



It's obvious this picture was taken from my dad's barn front porch. 
 You can see both guineas (right behind the fence) and martin houses in the foreground.

It's hard to come by news that isn't hearsay in a small town, but best we know there were no injuries or fatalities, (Praise God!) and it was either a salt water removal tanker or an oil tanker that was struck by lightning.  

I'll let you know when I've got the full story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How scary!!! Glad no one was hurt.
Lu

Friedt Family said...

Yikes!! I think I would have been crying with JR!