Monday, July 2, 2012

JR the Hunter

I'm going to start this post by apologizing to JR.
JR, when you look back and read this one day, I'm sorry for what I'm about to say:

I never in million, thousand years thought JR's Namibian hunt would turn out so successfully.
Oh, sure, I figured he'd shoot a gun in the direction of an animal (and that he'd come home with an animal "he'd" shot).

But he did it.
All. By. Himself.

This is beyond huge for him (and dad and grandpa).

JR's first animal was a warthog while they had stopped to eat lunch.
Apparently, you're supposed to have blood put on your face after your first kill.
(I'm not sure who this child is sporting warthog blood on his cheeks, JR went for years refusing face paint!)


A congratulatory handshake from Grandpa.



A day or so later Jason was off hunting, and JR and Grandpa Gary were together.
This impala came by and JR took him in one shot.




He also took a few birds, including this Franklin.

To say everyone is excited is the understatement of the year.


2 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome job, JR! Very impressive! I know your family is very proud of you!

Anonymous said...

What an exciting trip. Am SO GLAD you had such a great time. MawMaw