Monday, July 9, 2012

Unbelievable

We are back in Colorado!

I wasn't in any big hurry to get to Amarillo Saturday night, so we had the best ever pit stop in Fort Worth.

We stopped in at Cassidy's new house.

I didn't tell the kids we were going, and she didn't tell hers we were coming.  They all just kind of looked at each other stunned when we got there.

Yay for hot dogs and fun friends!


We made it to Amarillo uneventfully, but it was the Sunday portion of the drive that should go down in the Road Trip Hall of Fame.

We left Amarillo and about an hour into the drive I thought, wow they made it an hour without asking to stop maybe they can make 2 hours.  We made it 3 hours, and I thought maybe we can make it to the Colorado/New Mexico border.

We continued on, and my children who have visited every public restroom in the tri-state area, still didn't ask me to stop. I thought, that would be really cool if we could make it to Pueblo, but there's no way.

Pueblo came and went and I thought...surely we won't make it all the way to Colorado Springs.

But we did!

It wasn't until we were turning onto our street with 20 miles of gas left in the tank (my plan was to get gas on a restroom break) that I told them they had made it all the way from Amarillo to our house without stopping! (And we live on the north side of Denver!)

7 hours in the car. Not one stop.

I promise I would have stopped if they'd asked.

But I think Hunter and Kyle's faces say it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look like they're "drugged", what did you give them??? I'm sure there's a few families here that would like to know your secret!!!!