Monday, October 26, 2015

A Middle School Party in my House

A couple of weeks ago JR asked us if he could have a Halloween party.
After quizzing him with a few questions, here's what he had planned:
 
-It was going to be a boy/girl party
-He would invite people by passing out flyers at school
-And dad and I could just set the food out and leave
 
Of course all I could envision was the party scene from Sixteen Candles.
 
So after telling him that there was no way 2 of the 3 things he envisioned were going to happen, "we" decided that dad and I would put the food out, but we would stay.  That an evite and text messages were a better form of party invitations, and yes, girls could come.
 
His party was this past Saturday night, and if you watch the news at all, you might remember that a hurricane landed in Mexico and drifted over Texas Saturday night. Here's my outside party décor...best picture I could get without getting soaked. 


But even a hurricane can't keep the 6th graders away from a party. 8 girls and 7 boys.
 
Here's the only picture they let me snap.

There wasn't near as much eating as I thought would go on, but not surprisingly, lots of silliness.

No comments: