Thursday, January 28, 2016

I'm Talented

I'm one day away from our elementary school's talent show.
Why is this important?
  
Because I'm in charge.
Of the whole thing.
  
I've learned a lot this year, and have plenty of new rules for next year.
(As long as they let me keep the gig.)
  
We had dress rehearsal yesterday.  I'm calling it successful because I didn't break down in tears.
  
Last year they only let 3rd-5th grade be in it. (You might remember JR was in it and the host.)
  
 I'm letting the whole school be in it simply because my kids are in 2nd grade, and if you think I'm putting on a talent show that my own kids can't be in...well, then you don't know me at all.
  
But I think they'll always let the whole school be in it from now on, cause ya know what's cute?  Little 1st graders trying to sing and dance.  Ya know what's not? 5th graders.
  
I'm off to make copies of programs.
 
 
See you on the other side!

No comments: