Tuesday, January 2, 2018

School Christmas Party

I'm going to back up and work forward for the next few days.

I'm Kyle's room mom this year, so though I wasn't in charge of the entire 4th grade's Christmas party (I'm in charge of Valentine's), I was in charge of making sure what was assigned to his room got carried out.

The 4th grade rooms were divided up and the kids rotated between rooms, with each room doing a different activity.  I was super disappointed when I found out my room was not chosen as 
"Winter Dance Party".  

I even went to the mom that was in charge (who I'm friends with) and said, "I'm not the dance party room?  Do you not know me at all?"

Instead I was given "Winter-Wear Relay Race". Which I transformed into the best "Winter-Wear Relay Race" EVER, and was told by all the kids and moms that it was the most fun and best station of all.  (Of course it was).

To keep "winter wear" from being lame, I added socks, a Christmas headband topper, and high heels to the mix!


Here's Kyle getting dressed as fast as he can.


This relay race taught us a few things.  Reed is an amazing athlete, but walking in heels is not one of his strong suits.



And all of  Kyle's gracefulness that he's learned in diving, definitely came in handy in this game.


I was also in charge of  Kyle's class gift.  

The class gift is totally voluntary, but every class does it. Some class moms take the money and buy a present for the teacher.  I'm not about to guess what somebody might want so
here's what I gave our teacher from the class.

That's $450 to spend on whatever she wants!  

No comments: