Saturday, April 28, 2018

A Triathlon (Sort Of)

The Racquet Club had their bi-annual triathlon today and somehow my friends and I got talked in to doing it.

While, yes,  it's technically a triathlon (swim 100 meters/bike 20 miles/run 5K), you have to remember that we are swimming in a heated pool, riding spin bikes, and then jogging in the neighborhood.  

The only hard part was getting up at 6:00 AM. 


Oh, and I didn't even do the swim portion.  I'm not a swimmer so one of the guys who does the "master swim" class swam for me.

My friends I work out with
(The one next to me came in 2nd overall.)


Here we are biking our 20 miles...or as it should be called... "having a spin class".  
(I'm in the white tank top in the front row looking like I'm dying. I think I'm actually talking...or singing along to the music.)


Then we went for our 5K wog. (a walk/jog)
I haven't run in 3 years and I don't miss it at all!


We had fun, got to wear matching t-shirts and hats, and didn't come in last!
Success!

And no, I will not be training for a real triathlon anytime soon!  This fake triathlon is as hard core as I get these days.

No comments: