Saturday, June 22, 2019

Atlanta #1

We could not have been more proud of Kyle in Atlanta.  He qualified for this meet at SMU in May, and he was competing against 23 of the best divers his age from all of the South. 

He started out after the first dive in 16th place.  (Leave it to Kyle to not get all the points he can on the easiest dive.)

After every dive he kept working his way up in the standings.

After his last dive I kept watching my phone for the rest of the scores to come in.  He was in 10th place (the top 10 qualify for Nationals) and I kept saying to Jason "the worst he can place is 13th, the worst he can place is 13th".  Jason talking over me kept saying "He's 10th! He's 10th! The scores are in."

Sure enough,  Kyle placed 10th and qualified for Nationals. I actually cried a little bit I was so happy for him.





That's his name making it on to the results big board!

No comments: