Sunday, April 6, 2025

End of the Season

 This week was the district track meet for Reed.  He had 2 great races this, and as Reed said "it's a solid way to end the year." 

Monday night he ran the 3200 (2 miles for us Americans) in 9:59. He got 8th place.  His fastest time ever is a 9:57, so he was happy with a 9:59.  





His 9:57 time places him with the 2nd fastest 3200 mile time of the year, the 6th fastest time since 2018, and the 10th fastest time since 2003 for his school.


On Thursday night he ran the 1600 (1 mile) in 4:32

(Warning: I really try not to scream when I'm videoing, but I couldn't help it.  I knew he was going fast, but I had no idea what his time was because timing is Jason's job, and Jason was out of town.)


I have rarely seen Reed hit the ground after a race.  As you can see, there's at least 3 of them down.

He got 5th place at district.  And with his 4:32 that puts him with the top time of the year, the 5th fastest time since 2018, and the 12th fastest time since 2003 for his school. 


No comments: