Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

Here's JR getting ready to get on the bus this morning. He was fine with wearing the "train conductor's costume" as he called it. And was most excited when I told him he could wear his black boots.

Grandpa Gary arrived before the bus came, and Paw-Paw and Maw-Maw were here too. They (Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw) came with me to the Storybook Parade since Jason was on a flight home from Albuquerque. Jason made a big effort to arrange his work schedule so he would be home for Halloween night.

Here he is getting ready for the Storybook Parade. The kids were really cute carrying their books and waving to the parents. We definitely made the right decision in leaving the superhero costumes in the closet at home. It was about 82 degrees this afternoon and all the Spidermans (there were at least 20), Ninja Turtles, and Transformers were about to sweat to death. And those of you who know JR, know he has a real sweating problem....
If you are a regular to my blog, then you'll remember some of the kids I talked about from JR's class. Here he is with Cadence, who he referred to the other day as "my best friend in my class, Cadence".


You'll also remember me telling how JR doesn't like it when Miracle wears "balloon hair". I'm not sure if this qualifies as "balloon hair", but I thought it was definitely picture worthy!











We didn't do the trick-or-treat thing tonight. He really wanted to go to the Superhero Show at church. It was very cute, and they gave all the kids a big bag of candy. So without further ado, here is the Batman costume.....


And here's me in my version of Batgirl. This was the best I could do this year, I really don't think anybody wants to see spandex on somebody my size!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed the parade! the grands

Kristi said...

JR looks so cute as a train conductor! Of course, Caleb loved that one. Well, Batman too. This is definitely the year for superheroes - Superman flies around our house regularly these days.
PS - How her momma ever tames that hair is a "miracle" in itself! LOL

Me Me Me said...

JR looks great in both costumes! He's really put on the muscle, huh?! ;)