Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Back to Work Again!

Today was my day to work in JR's classroom. Quite a week for me since I had 2 days in a row of JR's class. They were all excited to see me, and it seemed each one individually had to scream out, "JR, Your mom's here!" All the kids were still on a high from the zoo, and every so often they would holler things out like, "We didn't see the rhinos!" "We saw a lion yesterday." Even though the teacher was trying to teach them about the letter "G" and in no way was talking about the zoo trip. After sitting through the "G" lesson, where I had Miracle climb in my lap, and needed me to tie her shoe, it was time for their centers. I helped out in the "sequencing center" and then when we had finished our work I read to them. It was another exciting day at school, as the firetruck came to visit them. JR was more interested in their Dalmatian, Shadow, than the truck. It was a very sweet dog. They all got to walk through the firetruck and pet Shadow if they wanted to. I think JR actually gave the dog a hug! After the firetruck show my time was up, so I headed for home. I'm now getting ready to go to church choir as all the parents are coming tonight and I am supposed to show them what I have been teaching their kids. I'm sure you can guess how excited I am about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"G" ood "G" oing "G" irl!!! (MR)