Thursday, September 22, 2011

Not a Kid Project

You know my rule.
(Passed down from generations of school teachers in the family.)
If the teacher sends a project home, she wants the parents to do it.

The same rule holds true when I assign the "kids" projects for Scouts.
We had our Cub-a-napolis 500 last night, and let me just say, the parents did a great job on "their" cars!

I haven't spoken the project rule out loud to JR, but he knows it.
He didn't even pretend to help build his car.

He gave The Engineer instructions on how he wanted it to be shaped (like a race car), and The Artist instructions on how he wanted it decorated (in camouflage with 'Big Game Hunter' written on it) . 


I think we did pretty good.


Our client was quite pleased.




And BTW, this was one of my cheapest projects yet. 
All it cost me was a 97 cent plastic tablecloth and a roll of bright orange duct tape!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressive...car and cost. MR