Thursday, March 28, 2013

Skate City

JR brought home 3 coupons for free rollerskating over spring break.
$1.50 for skate rentals and 6 bucks later we were ready to go.
 
 
Along with everyone else in the tri-city area.
 
 
I'm pretty sure every bored mom, babysitter, daycare, and daycamp were using their free coupons too, but hey, we weren't going to let a few gazillion people get in our way.
 
 
I almost changed my mind and called it a day after they got their skates on.
 They looked like cartoon characters falling and stumbling around.
 
 
But I introduced them to their new best friend, the wall, and after they got more comfortable, was able to use some of my "skillz" and skate with them holding their hands.


About an hour in they weren't falling down every five seconds.
(I think Kyle's even trying to dance here.)
 
(And, thankfully, JR was super helpful, and didn't just skate off and leave me with the both of them.)
 
Two hours later, I was a huge sweaty mess, but there were no broken bones and they both proclaimed they want to go back.
 
Maybe next time I can really show off my moves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You get those skating "skillz" from Daddy. Looks like a fun day. MR