Thursday, March 14, 2013

Something You Never See Me Do

I'm still not sure how I got myself in to this, but under Debbie and Denise's rouse of a "fun night out", I was told to sign up for "Chef's Table Date Night" at Sur La Table. 
 
 
Now, at the time, all of that sounded awesome to me. 
I know the chef's table is where you eat in the kitchen while the chef prepares you a fancy dinner. 
Unfortunately, I somehow missed the part about how we were the chefs!
 
 
Needless to say, I had almost broken into a flop sweat by the time we arrived for what I now knew was really a cooking class.
 
 
The first thing they wanted to see were our knife skills.
Knife skills? Are you kidding me?
And did I mention the knife looked like this?!
 
I literally took a sigh of relief when they told us we were working in groups of four.
And honestly, there's no way I could have gotten this meal on the table if I'd had to do it myself.
 
 
My group (notice I'm no where near the actual cooking area)
 
 
Jason using fire!
 
So here's our meal "we" made:
-Pan-seared steak with bourbon mushrooms
 -asparagus with tarragon butter (But the butter went mysteriously missing so the teachers whipped up something else. I promise I didn't eat it. Really, it wasn't me!)
-lavender creme brulee (I didn't like it, I thought the lavender made it taste like lotion/soap.)
-and mini crab cakes with lemon-garlic aioli (Which I don't have a picture of because we gobbled those up so fast.)
 
 
My friends that "tricked" me into signing up for a cooking class.
They let me hold the big knife for the picture.
 
 
All kidding (and cooking) aside, it was a super fun night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got ALL of your cooking skills from me!! MR