Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween

Usually our streets look like Mardi Gras for Halloween.

Thankfully we had 2 things that kept the crowds away this year.

1.  It started raining about 4:00 and never let up
2. The Astros came on at 7:20

As my kids do every year, they changed their Halloween costume at the last minute. This is the reason I didn't even buy them anything until Saturday.

Kyle went as a cat.


Here he is with our next door neighbor in a costume I will never know anything about since I don't have girls. 


Kyle took off with his friends, and at one point they showed back up at the house looking like this.
Their Halloween costumes consisting of a pair of vampire teeth.

Reed wanted a "morph suit" and settled on this alien one.  
He added the wig.

Reed went to Sean's neighborhood to trick or treat. 
Sean, who had been President Trump for the school party, liked Reed's zipper face so much he wanted to do it.

So this is Sean's zipper face.  (I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who always change their Halloween costumes.)


Even with the rain Reed came in with a good haul of candy.

I'm not even sure what Kyle's candy situation looked like. I think he was too busy running off to the neighborhood girls' houses...the girls were also busy running over here looking for him.


JR was working on Halloween.
He DJed a party and went dressed as Jackie Moon (Will Ferrell from Semi Pro.)
.
It kinda cracked me up because in 2012 I dressed JR up as this exact same thing.

Here's what I wrote:

 I figured JR could go as Jackie Moon (Will Ferrell's character in Semi Pro). 
Of course JR has never seen Semi Pro, but he knows Will Ferrell from Elf, so he was all for it. 


5 years later JR has seen Semi Pro many times and absolutely loves it.
I'm pretty proud of myself for knowing him so well. 

No comments: