Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Freddie Strikes Again

I know I have two other children that participated in Halloween.
But this post isn't about them.

This is mainly about my dad.  And Freddie.
(If you're a regular reader you might remember Freddie as 'Farm Hand Freddie'.)

Reed decided to be Popeye (or 'Pie-Pie' as all my kids refer to him) for Halloween.

I happened to mention to my mom, "I wish I could find a little toy plastic pipe for Reed's costume.  Seems they used to make pipes that blew bubbles when I was little.  I don't think they make them anymore."

That, of course, sent my mom on a toy pipe finding mission, in which she turned up empty handed.


The next time I talked to my parents, my dad told me he and Freddie were busy carving an actual corn cob pipe for Reed.  (Of course they were.)


My dad was in shock Freddie didn't know how to make a corn cob pipe, so they were making it together. 
But really, I was kinda surprised too, I mean, the man figured out how to latch hook
Truth be told, If my dad knew how to use the Internet better he probably could have found "corn cob pipe making instructions in Spanish".


The pipe arrived, and it couldn't have been cuter. 
Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of it as Reed lost it on last night's trick-or-treating hay ride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to worry, Reed, Paw Paw got 3 ears of corn at Tractor Supply He and Freddie can make lots of "Pie-Pie" pipes. MR

Angie Vik said...

That is a seriously cute picture. One to frame and put on your refrigerator whenever you need a smile.

Friedt Family said...

Wow!! That is a great corn cob pipe!! You'll have to ask really nicely if they could make another one so you can use it when you build Frosty the Snowman this winter:-)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story! corny but sweet!
Lu