Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Ski

We were able to easily entertain our pack for the rest of spring break with a ski trip. 
Though "easy" might not be the right word since they officially wore Jason and me out!
 
 
I was sooo excited for this trip because we met Gary and Anita (our Beijing friends that live in South Carolina) there. 
We had a rotating group of kids to ski with, and we were always trying to remember if we had the right number of kids for that day/time.


Thursday was our smallest group (at Keystone):
Kyle, Reed, JR, and Madison
 
 
JR and Madison have always been good friends.
Here they are in July of '08


And in February of '10
 
 
But now they're wayyyy too cool for me, and decided they need to ride the gondola alone.
So here's my view of them in their own "mom free" gondola.
 
 
 
By Friday we had added kids, and traded kids (at Breckenridge):
Madison, Emily, Reed, Kyle, Meredith
Gary and Meredith came in a day later, and we traded JR for Emily. (The Stengers were also there skiing.) 
 
 
Scott took JR and Anna off to the top of the mountain where it looked like this.
 
 
And they did these kinds of runs.
 
 
 
And finally, I have one video from the first day we skied.
(Don't worry, I don't expect anybody to watch my kids ski, it's for the grandparents.)
 
Kyle comes in first from the left side, slightly falls and then skis backwards for awhile. Reed comes in after that, and you also get to hear JR get on to me for "missing his jump".
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ski pictures. I am amazed at how good they are skiing . MR