Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Upside Down and Flat Out

Now least you think (after yesterday's pictures) that we're a family of amazing skiers, let me clue you in on the truth of it.
 
We all had such spectacular falls over 3 days that if any had been videoed, we'd surely be the next YouTube sensation.
 
 
Jason wins for falling while doing absolutely nothing.
He's definitely the best skier in the family, but he was literally just skiing along (doing nothing)...and then he was on the ground.
 
He knocked the wind out of himself so badly that he couldn't even answer me when I asked if he wanted me to call ski patrol. 
 He rallied and was able to ski on for the rest of the trip, but his shoulder and ribs are still sore.
 
 
 
Kyle and I win for most embarrassing fall.
Kyle and Reed are still so little they aren't tall enough to just sit down on the ski lift. 
Jason and I have to lift them on using the handles on the little backpacks they wear. 
 
 I saw the lift coming, and lifted Kyle up, but I didn't get him up high enough. 
I felt the lift hit him in the back of the legs, and then...well, that was all she wrote. 
 
It knocked us both down. 
 I was lying face first, spread eagle, thinking: this lift is going to hit me in the head...and then I'm going to look even more ridiculous in front of this crowd of 200 people!
They had to stop the lift, take off my skis for me, pick me up. 
Total humiliation.
 
 
JR wins for scariest fall.
We have begged him and begged him to stay out of the trees. 
You couldn't pay me enough to ski through trees (trail or not).
 But he doesn't listen. 
 
You know what happens when you ski through trees? You hit them. 
 
Thankfully he hit a tree with his shin and not his head. 
Thankfully he was able to ski away (after tears and dramatics), and with only a bad bruise. 
This one could have been a million times worse.
 
 
 
And most photo worthy fall goes to Reed.
Jason was skiing behind him and said he cartwheeled. 
 By the time I skied up, he was shaking the snow off and asking me to take a picture of his skis. 
 
Which I did, of course.
 
It's hard to tell at this picture angle, but the ski closest to Reed is actually sticking straight up out of the snow, ski tip down!
 
 
 
Thankfully the season is over, I'm not sure our bodies could take anymore!

No comments: