Friday, November 1, 2013

Fashion Fabulous Friday- Halloween Edition

 
 
One of my hard and fast "mom rules" is to always let the kids be what they want for Halloween.
(Not to make them have matchy costumes for the sake of a picture.)
 
 
But I might have slightly broken my rule this year.
Not for a good picture, of course, but because I saw a giant white hat in our prop closet and thought Reed would look adorable in it.
 
 
I might have suggested being The Lone Ranger, and I might have reminded him how much JR loved the movie. (And Reed thinks anything JR thinks is cool, is super cool.) 
 
 
And then I might have showed him a picture of Armie Hammer in The Lone Ranger, and not the original version. 

Yep, with a picture like that I know I put the hard sell on the poor kid. 
 
 
 But he turned out looking awesome!


As for Kyle, he wanted to be a "karate guy".
I  just couldn't help myself, I told him to say "I'm the Karate Kid".
 
And taught him to say "wax on, wax off".
 
And stand like this.


JR was easy. 
He wanted to be Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games.
He has read all the books and loves them and the movie. 
 
I saw three Katniss costumes at Trunk-or-Treat, but Peeta costumes are hard to come by. 
 I saw a similar one to this on Pinterest and we ran with it.
 
 
It's not Peeta competing at the Hunger Games, but what we think he would look like working at his parents' bakery. 
 
I made all this with iron-on letters and a stencil. (He even had flour on his cheek and shirt!)
 (They split the bread between 4 friends and ate it at lunch.  Best prop ever!)
 
 
We did add the actual Hunger Games detail that he was the boy tribute to the back of his shirt.






Trick-or-Treating was also a big success.
 
We went with Anna and Emily. (But we saw Sam and Alex long enough for a picture.)
 
 
 And JR went with Sophie and her little sister.


They didn't seem to notice the winds blowing us down, and came home with a big haul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait to see their costumes. They looked adorable. MR

Chris-Ta´s-Blog said...

wonderful... helloween has arrived in our town, too8597 ionEis..
http://chris-tas-blog.de/highlight-of-the-week-44-halloween-2013/