Monday, November 4, 2013

On the Fast Track

After the school's 5K run last month, Kyle has decided he's a "runner".
I asked him if he wanted to do the Rec Center 10th Anniversary 10K and he was all for it.
 
 
I knew he didn't really know how far 10K was, but I figured if he couldn't do it I could piggy-back him a couple of miles.
 
 
The race was only $10 bucks, so we didn't get numbers or timing chips. 
We just stood at the starting line and they said "Go!"



2 miles in =  thumbs up.
 
 
I honestly think Kyle runs these races strictly for the water stations.  He loves them!
 
 
And even more excitement...one of his track coaches from this summer was running the 2nd water station. He recognized Kyle and was excited to see him out running.
After seeing his coach Kyle said, "You just never know who you might see while you're out."  Spoken like a true Reynolds-Ingersoll
 
 
 
I know you can't read the sign, but I promise it says MILE 6.
 
 
He did a great job! He probably walked about a quarter mile total, and we finished in 1:24:36.
He was definitely the youngest (by far) and finished before most of the other kids.
 
 
The blue Gatorade alone made it all worth it.
 
 
 
Poor thing, he got a shirt for paparticipating, but this was the smallest size they had.
He slept in it last night.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Little Future Cross-Country Runner. MR