Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pac-Man Fever

When JR found out one of his dress-up days was decades day (dress from the 50's, 60's, 70's...) he immediately wanted to dress-up from the 80's.
 
Due mostly from amazing parenting, JR has a fine appreciation for the 80's.
His original idea was to go as Marty McFly from Back to the Future. But, since this is Texas, we decided he wouldn't last 5 minutes in a T-shirt, long-sleeve shirt, jean jacket, and vest before he sweated to death.
 
 
I told him I thought I could make a Pac-Man costume, and since he loves video games, he was all for it. 
 I had an extra Science Fair board and I drew both Pac-Man and a ghost, (I know, my drawing skills are amazing) cut them out, and painted them.
 
I hot glued and Duck taped elastic to the back so he could slip them up his arms.  (You have to hot glue the Duck tape down or it won't stay.) Then my engineering husband told me to make handles so he could hold on to it. Those are made out of Duck tape too.



And here he is.
When he turned his arms forward, you could see both.





 
On a side note, yesterday was beach day and I sent him with a blow-up crab attached to a hat.
(I can't even explain how I got it to stay since it's a combination of trial and error that involved sewing, hot glue, and Duck tape.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute cute costumes on a cute cute kid. What a mom! MR