Thursday, February 12, 2015

Here's What They're Giving

I just got back from volunteering at the kids' school and Kyle's class was so excited about Valentine's Day they could hardly function. 
His teacher even started having them go ahead and pass them out so maybe they could calm down and learn something.
Bless her heart, she's got a long 2 days.
 
 
So here's my disclaimer: I am not giving out candy this year. 
We're just giving out one thing and done.
 
 
These are Kyle's valentines.  I made them for him (from a kit), and he loves them. 
Cause that's the deal Kyle and I have nonverbally agreed on...I do the work, and he acts like it's the best thing ever.
 One of the cute little girls in Kyle's class I was working with saw him putting her valentine in her box and said, "Yessss, I got a pink owl!"
 
 
 
Reed has been slaving over his valentines. He is obsessed with looming these days, so he made everybody in his class a bracelet.  You should see the bracelets the girls he likes are getting!
 
Reed and I sat together and he picked out each bracelet and who it was for and then we made the name tag.  In my head I was thinking, "this is so much fun, the other two would never enjoy doing this."  I guess Reed was thinking the same thing since as soon as we were finished he said, "Well, that was fun."
 
Reed's are entirely homemade since we also made the paper chains as "cards".
This was his idea to write instead of "From". 


As for the child who could care less about Valentines (though he expects presents to be given to him),  best I can tell, he isn't even writing who the cards are to.
He's just going to throw one in each box. 
As much thought as Reed put into his, is how little JR did.

No comments: