Friday, January 18, 2008

The Little One Comes Home

Reed is home with us! We picked him up about 8:00 last night. I was sad to leave his brother behind, but Kyle is still having one Bradycardia a night, so they won't let him go. I told Kyle that we are a lot of fun so he needs to hurry up and come home with us. I told him that I think he's just wanting to hang around the NICU so he can flirt with the pretty nurses (you know how those Ingersoll men can be!) We made it through the first night...I don't think Jason or I got much sleep. Anytime Reed made any movement or noise I was checking on him. I'm sure I will get used to him, but he still seems so tiny! He left the hospital weighing in at a big 5 lbs 2 oz, Kyle has gained another ounce too, and is now 5 lbs 7 oz! I think he is the biggest one in the NICU. My mom and dad are here today to feed Reed while I go to the NICU to feed Kyle. That is going to be our biggest challenge for the next week(s) is having one preemie at home and the other 30 minutes away! I'll keep you updated on Kyle's progress on coming home, and Reed's progress in learning how to be an Ingersoll! Here's Reed's homecoming picture...I took an outfit to the hospital, but it was so big on him it looked funny, so I just took a picture of him sleeping at home.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Welcome home, Reed! Hope your brother can join you soon!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I guess that's one way to get individual attention--come home alone. I know you are excited and anxious too! Hope Kyle is home soon.
Love ya..Lu

Me Me Me said...

Welcome Home Reed!!!!

"Anytime Reed made any movement or noise I was checking on him"

Hahahaha! I'll call you Aurora! :p