Thursday, January 31, 2008

Updates

I wanted to make sure and update my loyal blog readers to let you know that Jason and I had a little talk with the boys before bedtime. We let them know that they weren't allowed to throw a party last night. They said they understood, and they were very good about going to sleep last night. They were even quiet during their 2 AM feeding. Reed waited very patiently (okay, he was asleep) until I was finished with his brother. I think Jason was actually able to sleep through the whole process. I also wanted to point out that today is the day the boys were supposed to be born. They still would have been 3 weeks early from their due date, but today WAS the scheduled big day. My mom's favorite thing to say to the boys is, "You're not even supposed to be born yet". So, I guess she'll have to stop telling them that.... although I have a feeing she'll keep on for 3 more weeks. Finally, if you check out our comments from the last blog, my cousin, Lu, says that she is going to replace my "blueberry muffin" story with the "party time" story about the boys for her Homemaking Class. (I know it's not called "homemaking" anymore, but I like being retro) Anyway, in case your curious about the blueberry muffin story.... When I was in college a friend of mine (it was Jon Sacks for my those of you that are college friends) and I were trying to make blueberry muffins. We got a little confused on the directions, so we called the number on the back of the box to ask for clarification. The people on the phone were really nice and explained what we needed to do to finish the muffins. So, the moral of the story is: you should use the phone numbers on the box if you need cooking help. Of course this story is hilarious to people who can actually cook because they can't believe that:
A. There is a phone number for people who are having problems following directions
and
B. That people actually pick up the phone and call to ask for help

Sadly, my cooking skills aren't much better now, I guess I better get to practicing...I've got all these boys to feed around here now!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I love the blueberry muffin story!

Anonymous said...

I love blueberry muffins. Margaret

Anonymous said...

and I bet all your boys will (do) love blueberry muffins too! Super Mom Jan! Lu