Monday, January 28, 2008

On My Own...Sort Of

My mom is here to help, but I wanted to try and feed the babies on my own last night to see if I could do it. Jason still helped with the 11 PM and 5 AM feedings, but I did the 2 AM myself. Kyle decided that it would be fun to wake up at 1:15 AM and fuss, so I actually got up for the 2 AM feeding then. I was able to do it, and I was climbing back in bed at 3, so I think I did pretty good. I started with Kyle and fed him, then put him in his boppy and then fed Reed. Kyle is the more vocal and hungry of the two, so it's best to start with him. One of their nurses in the NICU told us not to worry if they didn't always want to eat a lot because "sometimes they want steak and sometimes they want salad". I think Jason and I are getting pretty delirious at our 5 AM feedings because we came up with our own code words to describe how much they are eating. If they drink all their milk then we say "they had double meat", if they drink almost everything we say, "they had the salad bar", and if they only eat a little bit then they "had a salad". I don't think Kyle has ever had "a salad", and he's only visited "the salad bar" once or twice. Reed doesn't love eating as much as his brother; so he'll eat "a salad" every now and again...he must take after his Granny Sherry.

I thought these pictures were pretty funny...

Kyle kept hitting Reed (you can see Kyle has just pulled his hand back) so Reed is giving him the "talk to the hand" sign.
Here they are in their boppys after eating. They seem to sleep really good in them. We just happened to have them faced toward the TV and when Jason came home he said, "They're in there watching E! News".

2 comments:

Me Me Me said...

"talk to the hand" hee! They already have so much personality!

Anonymous said...

I love the pix--and "talk to the hand".
Love ya..Lu