Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Did Yard Work

And shockingly my title is not a veiled reference for something else. I actually did yard work. There's not much yard work to be done when you live at 7,500 feet mountain elevation. Grass doesn't grow easily in such an environment, so our yard is essentially bark mulch. But my dad pointed out that if I would cut back all the brown, dead "leaves" from the giant monkey grass looking things, that the green would start to come in and look really nice. And since my dad should have his own TV show when it comes to pretty yards, (Yard of the Month should be his middle name) I took his advice. I got to work yesterday afternoon while everybody was outside playing, and Jason even noticed when he came in! He asked me what I used to trim the plants.
Me: scissors.
Jason: You mean like the ones in the kitchen?
Me: No, I found some in the garage, they're now our yard shears.
And you know I have a picture for you of my handywork. I'll be sure and update you as they grow big and tall thanks to my scissoring cosmetology session on them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that still SNOW I see in the background???? Up here in the "far" North, we have green grass!!!!

Jan said...

There is still some snow, but our yard is snowfree!

Friedt Family said...

How do you manage to still look so fabulously picture-ready after all that hard work??

GS said...

Good work, nd I betcha didn't break a sweat - which is even hard to imagine for someone in this part of the country.

Jan said...

Well Beth, I didn't take the picture RIGHT after the yard work...in fact I took it the next day ;-)