Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Got Skillz!

I've always really wanted to learn to sew using a sewing machine.
I tried to learn once, and though I mastered the actual sewing part, it's all the prep work (cutting patterns, threading the machine) that I just couldn't get.

It didn't become a priority since I don't have any girls to make cute clothes for.

But...
I do have Kyle.

He's been asking me to make some clothes for Perry for quite awhile now.
I finally gave in, and (thankfully) he's super happy with my no-sew Perry outfit.
(Watch out, Project Runway!)

I have a huge stash of fabric book covers thanks to my cousin, Mary Ann.
A few snips with the scissors, and voila'!, a book cover became an outfit!

As you can see, Reed did his best to photo bomb Perry's pictures.  

Couldn't forget the tail!

Unfortunately, Kyle likes Perry's clothes so much he informed me they were his pajamas and he'll need an "outfit" to wear out of the house.

If only Tim Gunn made house calls!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Kyle. He makes me laugh so much. MR

GS said...

Pretty clever - whatever it takes - if it works, don't fix it.

Friedt Family said...

Nice work!! I am learning how to sew also...I can do pretty well if someone sets up the machine for me, I still would have NO clue how to "thread the bobbin", is that even a correct term??