Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

While at Father's Day lunch I was showing my mom and dad all the old pictures friends and family were posting on Facebook of their dads.
Being that I'm at my parents' house, I knew I had a few oldies of my own dad.


But it wasn't until I started searching that I saw how "fashionable" my dad looked. 

So, in honor of today, we'll have a special edition of Fashion Fabulous Friday on Sunday, which we'll call...

Fashion Fabulous Father's Day!


My love of great hats was imprinted on me early.
(with my cousin, Lu)


Just check out that tie!
And if your eyes have adjusted from the wallpaper, lots of that amazing decor you see is in my own house.
The kitchen table I'm sitting on is in my basement, the pitcher on the counter is holding my own kitchen utensils, and the rooster on the table is happily hanging out with my collection.



 Does the 80's awesomeness of this even need words?
 (Taken with a Polaroid, of course.)


And here he is this morning...stylin' with a new generation.

And if you're thinking...Hey, isn't there a kid missing?
Yep, there is.
He's celebrating Father's Day on a hunt with his daddy and Grandpa in Namibia, Africa.

2 comments:

GS said...

You can come up with the best pictures even those from years ago. That could easily be JR in the red shirt taken back in the 80's. He may be in Africa, but he is here in that same smile.

Stacy said...

Loves it! These bring back lots of memories! Especially the one in the kitchen...I do remember hanging out there! Your dad looks great--give him and your mom a big love from me :-)