Monday, September 24, 2012

Success!

One week after our tour of the Mitt Bus, JR and I were hot on the Romney Trail again.
This time we ventured over to Jefferson County (the swing county in our swing state) for a Victory Rally.
 
After parking a mile away, I learned as we approached that we needed a ticket.
Oops, I didn't know that.
The volunteers assured me it was no problem, and to just go get in the ticket line.
 
 
Not being prepared was the best thing that could have happened, the ticket line only had 2 people.


Here's the line of people who actually followed directions and brought their tickets.


JR and I went through security, and as we walked in, a volunteer told us, "Come this way to be on TV! You'll be right behind Governor Romney!"
 
 
Yep, My plan was all falling into place.
You see, if there's one thing I know, it's how to get attention.  I knew if we had any shot of getting anywhere near him, we better stand out.
 
 
Here's what JR and I looked like.


All these people behind us, were actually there way before us.  Luckily, we just had a great case of good costuming, perfect timing, and the right volunteer spotting us!


We were about two people deep behind Governor Romney when he came out.  I was just excited to be about 10 yards away from him.  But the night was about to get better!



After he finished speaking, everyone in our section rushed the guard rail. 
I had one person sort-of in front of me, so I shoved JR between us, and stood on my tip-toes.
 
 
Had I not have had a feathered Uncle Sam headband on, Governor Romney would have never noticed me.
But those red feathers are an eye-catcher, so he looked at me, pointed at my hat and gave me a nod that said, "I like your hat".
 
And then.....
 
Governor Mitt Romney. Shook. My. Hand.
 
And I'll just be honest, I let out a teenage girl meets Justin Bieber squeal.
 
 
After the squeal, I started screaming at JR, "JR! Just touch him! Just touch him!"
But I guess JR's little costume also did the trick, because he got a handshake too!
 
 
Needless to say, it was a huge night for us. 
Watch out, Paul Ryan.  We want handshakes from you next!
 
 

3 comments:

Randi said...

While I am not a huge fan of your candidate, I am a big fan of your ENTHUSIASM for your candidate. Go Jan!

GS said...

Way to go Jan and JR. Looking at the size of the crowd, you guys got right in there!!!!!

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB!!! MR