Monday, November 26, 2012

One's Enough

So you probably remember me talking quite a bit about my parents' dogs.
 
Foxy is the diva-ish Pomeranian (who was the puppy of one of my former student's dogs.)


And Belle is the Chow/Golden Retriever mix that the kids love to use as a pillow.


Let me start by saying that both these "ladies" are 14 years old, which makes them about 98 in people years.
And if you've ever been around a 98 year old, well, you know they can sometimes be a little snippy.
 
 
A few weeks ago my dad was feeding them, and Foxy started barking and snapping at Belle (which she does all the time). Belle had obviously had enough of Foxy's antics that day and turned and snapped back at her.
 
 
Unfortunately, when she did, she accidentally hit Foxy's eye.
 (She couldn't have done it on purpose if she'd tried.)


My dad said Foxy's eye looked bad, then started looking worse.
 
 
He took her to the vet, who said her eye would have to come out.  They were worried she wouldn't live through the surgery, (at 4 pounds and 98 years old surgery is always dangerous) but leaving the eye in would have poisoned her.
 
 
Well, The Diva did live through the surgery, and the kids couldn't wait to see what she was going to look like with one eye. 
I, on the other hand, was scared to look at her.
 
But it looked way better than I thought!
 
 
So here's her public debut. 
 Only one eye, but still all attitude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right. She's still all attitude. MR