Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Electrified

So here are the boys on Valentine morning.



And if you're thinking, "Wow Jan, your house sure looks super fancy",  you'd be both right and wrong.
Yes, it is super fancy, but it's not my house.
 
 
On Wednesday, Comcast came out to fix our internet (again). This time not only did they still not fix the internet, but they shorted out the whole house. 
 
And I'm using the word "shorted out" because I don't know the word that means "killed all power to the house and in the process blew out the dishwasher, a phone charger, a TV, and alarm clock (that actually melted), and an Xbox."
 
 
And since Valentines was on Friday, you've now figured out we were still without power then and staying at Grandpa Gary and Granny Buffie's.


Here's what an electrical system looks like when it has to be completely replaced. 
I believe I texted this picture to Jason with "I don't think the power is back on yet".
 

1 comment:

Angie Vik said...

Wow. Just when you think you've seen it all. We had lightning strike our property ten years ago that did similar damage. Hope you're up and running soon.