Thursday, August 14, 2014

I Feel The Urge to Wear Flannel and Drink Coffee

Today my mom and I are leaving on a little trip together.
My mom and I have never been on a trip without my dad, so this is some uncharted territory.
 
My friend from middle and high school, Julie, married her high school sweetheart and they are celebrating a milestone anniversary with (as they are calling it) Reception 2.0. 
They live in Seattle, and have a whole weekend of events planned.
 
Both my parents and I were invited, and my mom and I decided to go. The festivities start Friday around lunch and my mom and I didn't want to miss anything, so we are going up this afternoon.
 
That leaves Jason in charge of picking JR up at camp Saturday, and Granny Sherry in charge of Kyle and Reed while Jason is at work. (I think they are going to watch her in a bowling tournament tomorrow.) 
 It takes a village.
 
I've never been to Seattle, so I'm excited to check it out. 
We are staying right downtown. At least, I think we are, we will be about a mile from the Space Needle and a block or two away from where they throw the fish.
Plus, the weather has to be cooler than Houston, right?

No comments: