Friday, August 1, 2014

It' a Big Deal

So camp is a thing here in Texas.
And when I say "a thing", I mean a really serious, serious thing.
 
 
Growing up as a kid I went to church camp, but not "summer camp" (I thought summer camp was a made up thing for TV). 
 
 
 We visited Camp Olympia over spring break and JR can hardly wait to go on Sunday.
 
And since he leaves Sunday, I had to start the packing him up process.  I thought I was going to start on Tuesday, but after I walked in to his room and looked in his closet I walked away and gave up.
 
I made myself do it yesterday. (And I made him sit there and watch me so he'd know where everything was.)


Here I am getting started. You can see my giant booklet packing list in front of me.
 
I took all his clothes and put them into baggies by day.  All he has to do is open a baggie and put on the socks, underwear, shirt, and shorts in the bag.
(You might think I'm babying him, but it's JR...matching clothes isn't his thing.)
 
There are also dress-up/theme nights. (How fun is that?!)
Those costumes are in different baggies with the theme night written across the bag.
 
You might not think that would take very long, but it took all day.
 
Thankfully he is all packed up for his 13 days at camp.
 
He's so excited he's asked if we can decorate the car for driving to camp.
Jason is thrilled.

No comments: