Wednesday, August 20, 2014

He's Home

Jason picked JR up at camp on Saturday.
He loved every minute of it and is ready to go back next year for 3 weeks.
 
 
He was excited to be awarded with "most improved water skier".  He told me, "It wasn't like they just gave an award to everybody, some people didn't get anything." Which made it all that more special.
 
 
He started out in wake boarding, but was never able to get up.  He said the other kids that couldn't do it quit the class, but he told them he could snow ski, so they switched him to water skiing. He said, "I couldn't ever go back and forth, but I could get up and ski, so I was proud of myself."  JR never says he's proud of himself, so for him to not give up and be proud of himself, camp was a total success no matter what else happened.
 
 
One of the last pictures I saw of him was from Talent Show night.  All the pictures were of the kids in the talent show...and then this one.
How he's the only one in the audience to get his picture made is beyond me.
 
I was told his trunk was "pretty gross", but lucky me, I didn't have to unpack it.
I just had to wash the two weeks worth of clothes left for me in a giant pile in the laundry room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of that little cutie! MR