Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Send in the Ark

So if you follow the news at all, you might have heard we got a little rain last night.
I've been through 2 hurricanes, and a couple of tropical storms and I've never seen it rain so hard for so long.  I've also never seen such bad lightning.
 
 
And if you think I'm exaggerating, it started raining about 9:00 last night and didn't let up (at all) til around 3:00 AM.  In that time we got 11 inches of rain. 
The news also said we were having 10,000 lightning strikes every 15 minutes.
 
 
We were lucky since we didn't loose our electricity or have water in our house. Our only issue was Hunter had a panic attack over the lightning and made sure nobody slept though any of the storm.
 Poor Granny Buffie was stranded in her car until 3:30 AM, but Jason was able to get out and go get her then.
 
 
School was cancelled, but Jason was able to get to his office going a different route than he usually takes.  I didn't venture out with the kids today (there were already 2,000 cars abandoned and/or flooded out in Houston and I didn't feel like adding to the number,) so there was a lot of this going on in our house.


 


No comments: