Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Christmas Crafting Day 1

Okay, so I'm going to semi-toot my own horn and say that I'm somewhat crafty. Actually, if you're talking "artsy-crafty", I'd say I'm better at the artsy than the crafty. It never fails that my attempts at crafting always leave me with third degree hot glue gun burns. But nevertheless, I can whip up a kid's school project or an Easter bonnet with the best of them. Now cooking- that's a different story. But thank goodness I'm not talking cooking! Today I broke out my needle and thread and started working on Kyle and Reed's Christmas stockings. You might be thinking, "Stockings? Really? So Early? And Why would you put yourself through that" Well, I've got to start early since there's no way the babies would ever let me work on them while they were awake. They're the masters of crawling, grabbing, touching, and pulling things on top of them, so that leaves nap time and after bed time to work. And I really want to make them because my mom made ours when I was a baby (I know! Can you believe it?!) And I always thought our family had the prettiest stockings of any I had ever seen. I know I have a house full of boys who probably won't even be aware that they have stockings, but it's just something I want to do. So I actually got started on Kyle's stocking today and I'll keep you updated on my progress...We'll see if I can do it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...You make me want to break out the Christmas decorations....and I'm not talking cooking either. MR

Me Me Me said...

I CANNOT wait to start decorating for Christmas! We'll be here this year so I'll be able to decorate more than usual!!!!! Counting down to the Nutcracker Market!!

Anonymous said...

I know you can - I remember you whipping up something real quick for PeeWee one year cause he didn't have one and you thought that was the saddest thing in the whole wide world. If you can do it for PW, imagine what you can come up with for Kyle and Reed.

GS