Friday, October 3, 2008

He's Got My....Squeal

Reed is our youngest (by a minute) and smallest (by at least a pound) twin, but he's also the toughest. You've seen his pacifier stealing trick, his wrestling moves, and he's also been known to take the toy Kyle is playing with and then beat him with it. But Reed has now started showing his softer side for his brother. Seems he doesn't care about Kyle's well-being if he's doing the hurting, but if Kyle accidentally hurts himself, Reed screams louder than Kyle. We've seen it a couple of times now and it's sweet, funny, and ear piercing all at the same time. Reed is able to pull up and stand on his own, but Kyle is still getting the hang of it. He can sometimes get himself propped up to stand or kneel, but inevitably he looses his balance and usually pulls something down on top of him. Kyle usually gives the standard baby cry that says, "That was scary, but I'm okay. If you'll come pick me up and give me a kiss, all will be right with the world." Reed's cry,(about Kyle's falls) on the other hand, is a squeal I've given many times myself that says, "Oh my goodness! He's hurt! We must run to the hospital and have X-rays! CPS is going to come to the house! Will my baby ever be the same again?!" Just last night Kyle and Reed were standing at their Elmo play center when Kyle toppled over. I think Kyle might have let out a little whimper, but Reed started squealing at the top of his lungs. Jason and I had to run over and comfort Reed that his brother was okay. Jason looked at me and said, "Well, he's certainly got your flair for the dramatics. He hollers out just like you." How sweet, he's got my....squeal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you say "put ear plugs in your Christmas stocking"? Santa

Kristi said...

That is such a cute picture of the boys!