Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More Spa-ing at the Mall

With Jason watching the kids at home this afternoon, I ran up to the mall to get my hair cut. They told me I'd have to wait 20 minutes, and since my back is hurting again (I know, I really need to see a chiropractor) I thought a mini-massage sounded like a great idea. The Chinese massage was located on the other side of the mall, so I thought I'd give the Aquamassage a try . If you haven't seen the Aquamassage, it looks like a big tanning bed with a car wash in the top. I thought I would feel kind of claustrophobic in it, but since my head was out, I really didn't. It was supposed to be a 10 minute massage, but I guess the guy working the machine thought I was as cute as the Chinese masseuse did, because he gave me an extra 5 minutes for free. The machine is heated, so it felt like a plastic electric blanket on top of me. That was probably the best part of the whole thing. The massage was just okay; the water beating on me got annoying after awhile. And I really started wishing I could just have some good old "butt flaps". After it was over my body felt like it would have if I'd been in the massage chair at the nail salon. Kind of tingly, but not loose like after a massage. So if you're planning a spa day at the mall, go for the Chinese men. There's no comparison. I'll take the Icy Hot over the "electric blanket' any day. And aren't you glad you have crazy/adventurous me to try it all out for you!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're trying them out because you know Daddy will want to have a go at them.

Me Me Me said...

Next time I go over we can go to the mall and get chair massages together!!!!!

Kristi said...

all we seem to have at our mall is a bunch of Israeli immigrants pushing beauty products. I would even take a cheap Aquamassage over that.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the rating! Guess nothing equals the human touch.
So did your haircut turn out okay? A mom's afternoon away is refreshing!
Lu