Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween and Christmas Decor

When I was at Target the other day I noticed that they've got their Christmas decorations on the same row as their Halloween decorations, so if that's what Target's doing...well, I'm guessing it's the thing to do. So today's post will feature both the Halloween and Christmas decor going on around these parts. We've been putting off the carving of the pumpkin after last year's debacle (the Houston heat rotted the pumpkin and Harley ate it), but since Halloween is only a week a way, we figured it was time. JR acted super excited when we told him it was pumpkin carving day, then refused to participate in any way that involved touching the pumpkin. I believe he said he didn't like the way the pumpkin guts smelled or looked, and it was all over from there. Of course JR was more than happy to pose with the carved pumpkin since no pumpkin guts were touching him. Great looking pumpkin, Jason.
In Christmas stocking progress news, today is day 11 of stocking making. Jason informed me last night, "there's no way you're going to have those finished by Christmas". While JR said, "Look! Mommy's almost ready to turn the page." Which means: I'm almost finished with page 1 of the instruction sheet. (There's 3 pages of instructions.) I've only been able to work on after all the kids are in bed, so I think I've done as good as could be expected. Unfortunately for me, this is the easy stocking. The other one is Santa riding a motorcycle! Here's what I've got so far...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pumpkin and the stocking, but where are the turkeys?? A mother's work is never done. MR

Anonymous said...

Good looking pumpkin and handsome group posing with it. Christmas stocking looks great so far - seeing as how I have a JR baby blanket that was never finished and can't locate 5 years later - my thought would be to start a little on each stocking and if they aren't finished, use them and finish them up for next year!!!!
GS