Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SHE'S HERE!

JR and I were "arguing" on the way to the bus stop this morning about who was more excited that Ayi was coming today. We went back and forth saying, "No! I'm more excited!" What some of you may not know is that our ayi doesn't speak any English, just a few words here and there. Of course she and I can carry on extensive conversations. After basically living with her for 3 years, we know what the other one is trying to say. Unfortunately, random airport people aren't privy to our "language", so we had reason to worry about her (Beijing to San Fran to Denver to Durango). But to be honest, I wasn't worried about her at all. She's an amazing woman, and God takes such good care of her when she's coming to see us, that I just knew everything would be fine. And of course, there was a man who spoke Chinese on her flight from Denver to Durango. What are the odds? Actually, pretty huge. I knew she'd be delivered to us just fine. I was too busy tearing up when we saw her to take a picture of JR hugging her for the first time, but I think this picture is hilarious...she insisted on holding him just like she used to. He looks bigger than she is! JR is thrilled she's here; they played until he had to go to bed. She thinks the babies are pretty great, just can't get over how much smaller they are than JR was at that age. One things for sure, this month will pass way too quickly for all of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ayi looks great even after all those hours on the plane. What a cute picture of them. Praise the Lord she's here. MR

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting for all of you - can't wait to see more pictures throught her visit - I am suprised JR even wanted to go to school - I know her first mission here will be getting JR fluent again in his Chinese. We love her and thank her for her love and care for you all, her extended family.
GS