Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's Fall and I Have Frostbite

It's the first day of fall! And here in Durango "fall" must be another word for "freezing". I'm well aware I inherited my mother's flair for telling a good story, and I also freely admit that sometimes we may make a good story even better by throwing in some embellishments. But that's not so today. I even have proof (see photo) that when I use the word "freezing", I literally mean "freezing". JR was furious that he had to wear jeans today, I chose not to tell him that he better get used to it. (Until, of course, it snows...then we have to put the jeans away.) Speaking of JR, it was school picture day today. Note to self: Picture day is not a big deal in the life of a boy. JR could have cared less that his refusal to wear Chapstick has left the bottom of his face so blistered that it looks like he's smeared Kool-Aid on himself. I fretted over it a bit and then thought, well, we'll look back and say, "Just look at JR's face, remember how that child refused to wear Chapstick." I would have taken a picture of him before he left for school, but since it was 31 (see photo) he was already in his jacket by the time I got the camera out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's "fall" and I'm still wearing my shorts and flip-flops. MR

GS said...

BRRRRR!!! I'm with MR - flip-flops until at least Thanksgiving and maybe Christmas. I looked at my thermometor this morning and said - 62 degrees, we had a "norther" come through last night.

Anonymous said...

Yes, east Texas received a "norther" last night. We are enjoying the cool breezes tonight. I'm sure we won't see "freezing" until December (if then).
Lu