Monday, September 14, 2009

Back in Town

It was so good to see this little smiling face this morning! (And make sure and check out that new Buc-ee's T-shirt.) We made it to and from Houston without incident, and although the babies aren't "JR good" on the plane, they were good.
I was scared to death of the notorious "puke ride" from Durango to Denver. The morning we left Durango I even solicited prayers for a smooth flight on Facebook. And praise The Lord, all my prayers were answered as both flights to and from Durango were smooth as could be.
As for our flight to Denver yesterday, I was quite excited to have a non-English speaking Latina woman who was doing some fast and furious signs of the cross sitting next to me. I figured between the two of us we could pray that airplane safely to Denver. But I was concerned about the guy sitting next to my mom. I had noticed him at the gate on my pre-board terrorist watch. As the plane took off I was quite certain I was going to need to spring into action as he reached in his back pocket to pull out a small handheld object. (My big plan was to slap him upside the head with Kyle's Little People Wheels on the Bus pop-up book.) Luckily, I had kept Kyle's book to myself since he pulled out his chewing gum. He turned out to be so incredibly helpful (especially with working the DVD player). So, Young Terrorist Looking Dude, my apologies and my thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I know JR is happy to have you home. Maw Maw

GS said...

Did your Mom have to tell him her family background in order to solicit his help? She could come up with whatever interesting facts may be needed for that particular occasion. Glad your trip was calm and everyone is back in their places safe and sound again. JR, I miss those walks to the bus with you. BTW, I do believe he has inherited Maw Maw's imagination when it comes to telling a story, he can come up with some doosies and then say "just kidding" - love it.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a safe trip! Cut t-shirt on a cute boy!
Lu