Thursday, September 10, 2009

Don't Pass The Buck

Well I guess I'm giving up my dreams of a career in technology because now my email isn't uploading pictures. Looks like my literary stylings will just have to stand alone once again. But not to worry, this is one of those stories you can file under "it has to be true because there's no way I could make this stuff up". So besides high speed Internet, this little East Texas town of 500 also lacks a large selection of entertainment venues for the babies. Luckily my dad came up with the idea for us to drive over to Madisonville (about 40 miles away) to check out the new Buc-ee's. If you know what Buc-ee's is: Yes, you read that right, we drove 40 miles to check it out. If you don't know what Buc-ee's is: It's a really big gas station/convenience store/souvenir store with really clean bathrooms. And yes, we drove 40 miles to check it out. But even worse that us driving that far to go to Buc-ee's, was me running around Buc-ee's taking pictures of the babies so I could post them on here! How sad do you think the other Buc-ee's patrons think my life is that I'm taking pictures of my kids at the Madisonville Buc-ee's? My parents have actually been to this new Buc-ee's before. That was the time my mom spent $14 on 6 pieces of fudge...or was it $25 on 12 pieces? or $36 on 8 pieces? The price and the number of pieces changes everytime I hear the story so I'm not exactly sure. Needless to say, my mom is still shell-shocked over what she felt was overpriced fudge, so according to her all the candy in Buc-ee's is expensive. Under normal circumstances the babies would have left with arm fulls of candy and sweets, but since the fudge incident is still fresh in her mind, they only waddled out with an ICEE (one for each of them, of course). While I was perusing all that Buc-ee's had to offer, I did notice they sell 14 different types of beef jerky. Jason loves beef jerky so I quickly called him to report. Jason could have cared less, since he was more interested in telling me that we are now the proud owners of a quarter of a steer. (Surely half of a pig, a quarter of a steer, and my mastery of the crockpot will keep Harry full.) Yep, just another exciting day in the country.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Buccees is a big deal!! I live in Buccee-land...(Beaver Aplin lives in Lake Jackson and we have one on every corner here!!! Where the whole empire got started!) I did hear the one in Madisonville is like, the Mecca of all Buccees! Ya'll have fun..and make sure to visit the bathrooms!

allison said...

Did they have the barrels of pickles? Yumm!!
They also have great turkey jerky!

Anonymous said...

Oh,my the Mecca of all Buccees! I haven't stopped there yet--must do --on my next trip to Dallas or Stephenville. Bet the babies had fun. LOL
Lu