Tuesday, September 1, 2009

T Minus 2 Months

I finished Reed's Christmas stocking today! And how appropriate since it's exactly two months until I start putting my Christmas decorations up. I'm so excited since I only put up one tree last year due to the babies and the move. I've even started rearranging furniture in my head so they'll be plenty room for the trees. Last night I informed Jason that I'm going to need to buy some new Christmas ornaments this year. He actually took the news much better than I thought he would. (Of course I waited until he was almost asleep before I let him in on that little tidbit.) Jason's comment: "Um, I thought we weren't putting all those trees up this year." My comment: "Um, No. We're putting them all up, having an open house, and actually I'm adding a Colorado tree to go with our Texas and Chinese trees." (Hence the reason I need some new ornaments.) I was talking to my friend, JD, this morning and we were laughing about what would be appropriate decor for a Colorado tree...Let's just say my "W" paraphernalia on my Texas tree probably won't work for both!

5 comments:

Mendi said...

I'm thinking some organic, homemade ornaments would be nice. Oh and how about some made out of recycled materials for the Colorado tree?
You & Boyd (my hubs) would get along great. He takes down the Halloween decorations on Nov. 1 and puts up Christmas so that we can "enjoy" it for 2 months!

kyle and robin said...

very impressive stocking! I need to get on the ball with that - I don't think miles' "baby's 1st christmas" stocking will work this year. can't wait to see some decor pictures!!

p.s. I think reed has more hair than miles!

Anonymous said...

Reed looks like he really likes his stocking. MR

allison said...

http://www.bronners.com/1110995.html

Unknown said...

I think "W" decor would be completely appropriate, but maybe that's just me... I'm going to have to tell Jerome that there's someone who likes Christmas decor more than me!