Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hadn't Heard That One Before...

Yes, Jason's dad's 70th birthday extravaganza was a success. And you know it just wouldn't be an 'event' unless I had a story for you. So you'd think a 70 year old birthday party would have an older male clientele, and I'd be the one getting hit on. But alas, it was my husband who was on the receiving end of a pick-up line that I'm quite sure won't be catching on anytime soon. Jason and I were on the dance floor when a woman stumbled up to us. She got inbetween Jason and me like I wasn't even standing there, and quick as could be, she was all over him. And what was her big come on line?
Gesturing with her hands up and down her body: "I'm an all natural 52 year old."
Now you know I couldn't make this up. Jason's comment to me, "I guess I really do need to dye my hair if All Natural 52 year olds are thinking they can come on to me."
Today we were telling my mom this story and she says, "Jan? What did you do?"
Me: "Um, I just stood there and laughed."
My mom: "What? Loretta Lynn wouldn't have stood for that! She would have whooped that woman!"
So basically I've been away from Colorado for 48 hours and I've had a 52 year old Cougar try to steal my husband, and my mom preach from the playbook of Loretta Lynn. Seriously Y'all, Don't Mess With Texas.

1 comment:

Friedt Family said...

I love Loretta Lynn...I agree with your Mom, she would have let that "all natural 52 year old" have a piece of her mind:-) I, on the other hand, would have done exactly what you did...stand there in disbelief, biting my lip to keep from laughing directly in her face:-)